WC53 Carryall Restoration Entry #67

From: Chris Davis (cdavis@webworldinc.com)
Date: Fri Jun 08 2001 - 12:52:54 PDT

Productive evening last night (and early this morning for that
matter). Got everything sanded with fine gain paper (those little orbital
electric sanders sure work nice for this.)

Then I air-swept all the dust off, inside and out. I wiped down the sanded
areas and hit them with a coat of primer. I used Home Depot's "Painter's
Touch" in rattle cans. Took a little more than two cans for both
coats. This product certainly sprays nice and covers well. It has a 1
hour dry time so I went wiped down the rest of the truck (inside too) with
Naphtha. Then I applied a second primer coat.

Did a little work on the family cars while the 2nd coat of primer dried,
then I put a coat of Olive Drab on. It looks much better now. Not factory
by any means, but certainly the better end of the Motor Pool class.

All this kept me up just a little past bed time, but at least I feel like
I've got a shot at having all done by July 4th again.

Tonight I'll put a second coat of Olive Drab on the body, and while that's
drying, paint the engine.

I know I didn't make any mention of D-day on my June 6th post, but the
landing wasn't forgotten around our office. We actually had clients from
England visiting us that day and Overlord was discussed at some
length. Our friends across the "pond" certainly remember.

Chris Davis
MVPA# 20000
Lake Forest, CA
'42 WC53 Carryall