VFW--Research on '39 Panel

From: Carol Kenyon (Da-Kenyons@webtv.net)
Date: Sat Jun 09 2001 - 07:32:18 PDT

I went to Atascdero, CA, yesterday, to post
#2814 of the VFW. Very nice people. One gentleman named Bob said he
would put my plea for help in the California VFW newsletter.
110,000 readers!
You can see that I'm running out of sources
for research and now have gone "to the people".
The VFW states that we are losing 1,000 WWII
vets PER DAY???? Not my stat..
Such a valuable historical source should be tapped before it's too
late...
Anyway, nobody there immediately recognized
my panel truck.
NARA is working on research for me. Maybe I'll
get lucky.
I bought a 1939 Missouri National Guard Yearbook off eBay. Lot of very
interesting vehicles, guns, radios, insignias, etc.
I'm slowly buying these books from around to country in a long-shot
attempt to find another
truck like mine. So far I've got 1954 Idaho and
1939 Missouri. I've paid for a 1945 California
book that hasn't shown up yet. Field Artillery
Battalion.
Thanks, Don Kenyon