Saracen gun mount question

From: Military Vehicles Database (cmpdbase@telusplanet.net)
Date: Sun Jun 10 2001 - 11:33:11 PDT

Richard,
Page 32 of Smith's british army vehicles and equipment shows the mount.
It has a Bren gun, althought it is the L4 model (the .303 rebarelled
for 7.62mm NATO ammunition).
It is mounted on a pintle mount on the right hand side of the hatch at
the top rear of the vehicle.
The rear mount is a "Y" with the stock of the Bren fitting in the fork
of the "Y".
The front mount attaches under the barrel and onto what appears is a
ring mount on top of the rear hatch. There is a photo of a Saracen
without the Bren, and this Saracen does not have the ring around the
hatch. This would make sense as the pintle mounted gun was used for AA
purposes and would have to have 360 degree traverse.
I will check and see if I have photos showing a closeup of this mount.
Ian
M1008CDN