RE: [MV] Dead M-37 starter

From: Rikk Rogers (rkltd@swbell.net)
Date: Sun Jun 10 2001 - 20:57:01 PDT

Daryl,

Yes, start with a stick or a hammer.
I've had several vehicles over the years that the starter has locked up on
(the worst was a 76 Chev Impala), whack em about 3 times with a 2 lb hammer
and it unlocks.
If this works check the bolts to see if they are lose, it may be hanging up
on the fly wheel.
If not, can it be shimmed into better alignment?

Rikk Rogers - RK Lion LTD.
416 S 4th St
Ponca City OK. 74601-5335
(580)762-3157 rkltd@swbell.net