Fuel tanks and repair.......

From: Rikk Rogers (rkltd@swbell.net)
Date: Mon Jun 11 2001 - 08:06:22 PDT

Listers.
Wow, than proved to be a hot topic.
In the case of this tank I've been lucky as far as fuel problems.
If it were not so unlikely I would think it had never been filled, no
residue, no vapor, except for the rust pits the inside looks totally clean
and new.
My guess is that it was well cleaned and left before someone else started a
repair.
I will call a repair shop to see what I'm looking at in cost, if too much
I'll have to teach myself to braze.
For those who took this opportunity to flame someone off list, quit it, post
your suggestions and concerns to the list in the interest of safety, or drop
it.
Either way be civil.

Thanks all, for both the help and the concern, and yes I am still here, and
so is my house ect...

Rikk Rogers - RK Lion LTD.
416 S 4th St
Ponca City OK. 74601-5335