Ammeter

From: John Best (besty@americu.net)
Date: Mon Jun 11 2001 - 10:43:23 PDT

It runs! :-)

Finally fired up the '46 after installing a new fuel pump. Just like a
Swiss watch. Now for my problem:

The ammeter in it was broken and I replaced it. The PO switched the jeep to
a 12 volt system and I returned it to a 6 volt system, mainly because all my
lights and bulbs and horn were 6 volt. My local parts dealer didn't have a
6 volt ammeter so I bought a 12 volt thinking it would probably work. Was I
right in this assumption? Now, when the engine is running, it shows a
discharge. Is this a major problem with the generator, or the voltage
regulator, or should I simply switch the wires on the back of the ammeter?

Thanks in advance,

John

--
John Best