WC53 Carryall Restoration Entry #68

From: Chris Davis (cdavis@webworldinc.com)
Date: Mon Jun 11 2001 - 15:05:04 PDT

I only have time for a quick note this afternoon.

2nd coat of paint went on the body Friday evening. Also got the engine
painted light gray.

Rearranged the garage Saturday morning so I could move the Carryall out of
it's painting tent.

Once I had the truck moved over I setup a table made from an old screen
door (no bounced paint to contribute to over-spray) in the tent and put the
first color coat on the fenders, hood, battery box, window cover panel
(x6), and some other bits I can't remember at the moment.

While these parts were drying I beat some of the more serious dents out of
the front bumper with the sledge hammer, then worked on the tailgate. The
inside bottom of the tailgate is rusted out so I cut sheet steel to fit and
MIG welded it in. I got it halfway done before calling it a night.

More painting tonight, along with finishing up that tailgate I hope.

Chris Davis
MVPA# 20000
Lake Forest, CA
'42 WC53 Carryall