Re: [MV] Ammeter

From: M35products@aol.com
Date: Mon Jun 11 2001 - 17:41:26 PDT

In a message dated 6/11/01 1:46:03 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
besty@americu.net writes:

<< The ammeter in it was broken and I replaced it. The PO switched the jeep
 a 12 volt system and I returned it to a 6 volt system, mainly because all my
 lights and bulbs and horn were 6 volt. My local parts dealer didn't have a
 6 volt ammeter so I bought a 12 volt thinking it would probably work. Was I
 right in this assumption? Now, when the engine is running, it shows a
 discharge. Is this a major problem with the generator, or the voltage
 regulator, or should I simply switch the wires on the back of the ammeter?

Ammeters are voltage irrelevant devices. Switch the leads for proper
indication. You were right both times, in other words. a p bloom