Re: [MV] Weapon-laden vehicle brings charges for man

From: Recovry4x4@aol.com
Date: Mon Jun 11 2001 - 17:53:41 PDT

I'm going to throw in my .02 cents here just because I'm one of those cops.
There is an element of youth getting into law enforcement today that are
completely different. These are educated individuals who have compromised
common sense with book smarts. While these individals are keenly
knowledgable of the letter of the law, they have forgotten about the spirit
of the law. The John Wayne syndrome runs amuck in law enforcement today. If
you tried to strike up a conversation with the youth of law enforcement
today, you might be charged with Battery LEO. In todays society you have to
follow the letter of the law because the human descretion that once was used
is about dead. If the local law requires and orange plug in your non-guns,
make one and use it in transit. I guess my advice in a nutshell is don't
give the law enforcement youth a reason to stop you!
Respectfully.....Kenny

Kenneth Engle
Loxahatchee, FL
'52 Stude M-275 tractor