Re: [MV] Welding Gas tanks successfully

From: MVTrucker@aol.com
Date: Mon Jun 11 2001 - 20:28:25 PDT

Oh, gawd, you guys are getting a little stiff. I been welding tanks for years
using a technique of filling them with water, emptying them, then MIG or
soldering. Stick welded leaking pipes on my 8,000 gallon tank trailer, too.
Only blew one tank in all these years. A neat old 350 gallon fuel tank off a
1920 era fuel truck. Pop told me to cut it up, but instead, I blew it up :)
Hey, don't practice my techniques, I don't go by the book on anything.
Joe Young