Re: [MV] Weapon-laden vehicle brings charges for man

From: Colin Stevens (colin@pacdat.net)
Date: Mon Jun 11 2001 - 23:38:31 PDT

Hey Jon, if you think those Yankees are crazy - In Canada a REPLICA gun (any
type) is PROHIBITED unless you owned it before a certain date (who is to
know as they are not registered!), or are a museum, military or movie
company. ANYONE can own a DEWAT real machinegun or SMG without any permits,
but can get arrested if they make one out of plastic piping and wood! DUMB!

You can also be arrested in Canada if you have a 2o round M16 magazine, or
Sten gun magazine! Don't need the gun, just the magazine! DUMB!

The good news for you is that cannons are legal here without any paperwork
BUT the bad news is that we are not allowed to have live ammo for them as
far as I know. Explosives laws.

So here we usually put REAL guns DEWATTED on our ex-military vehicles.

Some photos of recent events here are on our club web site for British
Columbia at www.westerncommand.com Click on the HISTORY page.

Colin Macgregor Stevens

NOTE: I lost about 100 messages in early April, 11 or more messages on 2001
APR 30/May 1 and about 10 more on May 16 due to a server problem. If you
sent me a message during that time that was not answered, please resend it.
Thanks.

MVPA Member 954 (since 1977)
Editor: "Maple Leaf Up!" newsletter & Webmaster
of Western Command Military Vehicle Historical Society
(Established 1977)
Pitt Meadows (East of Vancouver but not beyond Hope)
British Columbia, CANADA
Owner of:
1944 Willys MB jeep (ex-Norway)
1942 BSA airborne bicycles (2)