RE: [MVlist] Re: [MV] Weapon-laden vehicle brings charges for man

From: Rikk Rogers (rkltd@swbell.net)
Date: Tue Jun 12 2001 - 13:57:32 PDT

Ok folks...
I took the time to make some phone calls, and got what should be the real
skinny on this one.
Keep in mind I have not talked to the owner.
Dominic Vinci with the West Haven PD said he would send me an official
comment to repost within a couple of days.
In general he was not real happy to have the West Haven come out looking
like boobs.

It seems the fellow was 8 to 10 miles from home, and in another community.
When he was asked to leave the beach area parking lot he did, and was found
a short time later by the same bicycle cop in a lot down the beach.
The officer was asking him what he was doing when he realized the fellow 1.
was not military, 2. Had an expired state of Main tag, and 3 seemed to be
armed to the teeth.

When the cop put him in the car to sort things out and write a ticket he
started getting irate and managed to add breaking the peace to his
situation.
According to Officer Vinci, the rub on the weapons came when the guys
daughter (best guess around 17) would not get out of the "Tank" and came up
with what looked like a Thompson, it was demiled, but it was a dumb move all
the same (how lucky was she to have not been shot?) and then like kids will
do followed dads example and got busted for being mouthy (breaking the
peace) also.

When his local community of Westridge PD got wind of this they did call to
see if they could get him out of trouble, they did tell West Haven PD he was
a collector and basically vouched for him, but at that time he was in too
deep.

There will be 2 sides to this, but it looks like he is facing basic traffic
charges for 1, not getting out of there when he could, and 2, being mouthy
to a cop (always a dumb move) and 3,having his kid join in the fun of being
arrested.

Officer Vinci did say that according to Conn DMV the "Tank" could not even
be registered in that state, but when I told him of the multi layered
registration in a lot of states for HMV's he said he would dig a little
deeper.

I did tell him I thought the "Tank" was an M8 Greyhound (I hope this is
right) and he asked several good questions about actual combat use and how
it would compare to a Tank.

All in all, we have seen it posted here a hundred times, "when dealing with
the officials, BE FRIENDLY".

As I said, he will email me an official version of events and I'll repost it
when it comes in.
Has anyone called Philip Roklen yet?

Rikk Rogers - RK Lion LTD.
(580)762-3157 rkltd@swbell.net