Re: [MV] Weapon-laden vehicle brings charges for man

From: Ron (rojoha@mediaone.net)
Date: Tue Jun 12 2001 - 14:19:24 PDT

Hey All:
    If you read the story carefully, take note of the following words:

            "Roklen was charged with operating an unregistered and uninsured
vehicle, " and then a bunch of other stuff.

Not sure how it works in most states, but in Taxachusetts, the State Police
at the Registry of Motor Vehicles told me that they look for 1)Proof of
Registration with proper display of Plates, 2) Proof of insurance and 3)
current safety inspection, in that order.
    He said when you have accident, they are more concerned with #2 than #1,
and lawyers use #1 ,then #3 to get at #2.
    Cruising around in a BSGT/HMV (Big Scary Green Thing) without plates
properly displayed just gives the LEO's a reason to stop you. If you are
dumb enough to give them a reason to pull you over and then leave something
scary in view, like a non orange plugged 37mm cannon waving in the breeze,
which allows them to hop inside to check the breech and while inside
see(fill in the blanks).... well, DUH!!!!

 BTW, They registered my 1968 M35A2 as a "13 passenger antique automobile".
Go figure.

Maybe next time you get pulled over you could try something like this:

A police officer pulls a guy over for speeding and has the following
exchange:

Officer: "May I see your driver's license?"

Driver: "I don't have one. I had it suspended when I got my 5th DUI.

Officer: " May I see the owner's card for this vehicle?

Driver: "It's not my car. I stole it."

Officer: "The car is stolen?"

Driver: "That's right. But come to think of it, I think I saw the owner's
card in the glove box when I was putting my gun in there.

Officer: "There's a gun in the glove box?

Driver: "Yes sir. That's where I put it after I shot and killed the woman
who owns this car and stuffed her in the trunk.

Officer: "There's a BODY in the TRUNK?!?!?

Driver: Yes, sir.

Hearing this, the officer immediately called for backup. The car was
immediately surrounded by police, and the shift captain approached the
driver to handle the tense situation. The following exchange ensued:

Captain: "Sir, can I see your license?

Driver: "Sure. Here it is" - It was valid.

Captain: "Who's car is this?"

Driver: "It's mine, officer. Here's the registration." - The driver owned
the car.

The Captain opened the glove box to see if there was a gun. Sure enough,
there was nothing in the glove box.

Captain: "Would you mind opening your trunk? "

Driver: "No problem".

Trunk is opened; and there is no body to be seen.

Captain: "I don't understand it. The officer who stopped you said you told
him you didn't have a license, stole this car, had a gun in the glove box,
and that there was a dead body in the trunk.

Driver: Yeah, Yeah........ I'll bet the lying son of a b#tch told you I was
speeding, too !

Regards to all, Ron ;-)