Re: [MV] GPW

From: Gene Pantano (truks@cs.quik.com)
Date: Tue Jun 12 2001 - 17:50:46 PDT

Seems like the guys making the repro stuff for the WW2 jeeps have got to get
together and be sure and get it right.
The "Script" body I bought is supposed to have the metal tabs to hold the
wiring harness down the underside..it is supposed to be on the drivers
side.. well the gd tub has it on the passenger side..!
No wonder the guy wanted to sell it. ??
Also, I bought a set of the body to frame pads at the KC show...they are
only half the thickness of the originals..??
The dash switches..one for black out light and one for panel lights..the
originals were 2 different switches..the ones from the suppliers are both
the same..also..I ordered a GPW air filter wing bolt..- The one I received
was a sheet metal bolt..early GPW's were solid..
So..I have made up my own wing bolts and they came out like the
originals..solid and nice..also on the pads..I just used 2 sets for the
job.. Comments ?? Please do..it helps get the suppliers doing things
right..anyone want to buy some nice air filter wing bolts for GPW's ?/ hee
hee hee..Gene