National Archives Experiences

From: Carol Kenyon (Da-Kenyons@webtv.net)
Date: Wed Jun 13 2001 - 17:56:20 PDT

Fellers, do any of you have NARA/ mil-veh
research stories to share with me?
  I got a VERY quick reply to my research question. In a word "no".
  There's no way they had the time to do any
research at all...
  SOMEONE on this list tantalized me with stories of finding original
drawings of a Coast
Guard Craft in NARA's files.
  I know that the National Guard Bureau is a
totally different branch, but...
  I spoke with Mitch Yockelson, and his boss,
Mr. Ninnenger of the Modern Military Records Branch, sent me what I
consider to be a "knee
jerk" response. "Vehicle records are always
destroyed after administrative use" PERIOD?
 Has anybody on this list had luck researching their WHEELED military
vehicle at NARA?
  Thank You, Don Kenyon