Re: [MV] WC53 Carryall Restoration Entry #72

From: chaz@goatpark.f9.co.uk
Date: Fri Jun 15 2001 - 14:37:44 PDT

If you're trying to remove rust from small parts, phosphoric acid is what
you need. I've got a jar of this on the bench right now and each wee part
gets dipped in it for an hour or so before painting. Takes all the rust and
millscale off and leaves the surface like new, with a nice grey "phosphated
coating" which is supposed to help prevent further rusting. It's available
over here in Scotland from all half decent automotive paint suppliers as
"metal pre treatment and rust remover, 30% Phosphoric acid".

Cheers,

Chaz
42 MB
84 109GS