Re: [MVlist] Tank on E-Bay

From: Andreas Mehlhorn (a.mehlhorn@t-online.de)
Date: Sat Jun 16 2001 - 01:02:57 PDT

Tanker06@aol.com schrieb:

> > What is it?
>
> Hotchkiss APC - can't remember the designation. 20mm
> cannon in the turret IIRC, 6-8 men in back. We used to see
> them (or what was left of them) scattered all over the various
> ranges in Germany.

No, it is definitely not a Hotchkiss. Hotchkiss is much smaller
and shorter. (Hotchkiss 4.5 metres, HS 30 5.5 metres).

It is a "Schütezenpanzer lang HS 30". Crew was 7-8 men.

The Hotchkiss was "Schützenpanzer kurz (short)" and
carried only 4-5 men.

You are right, later the HS 30 were use as hard targets on
the shooting ranges. The problem was: After one full hit
from a LEOPARD 105 mm gun you needed a new
target... New balls, please...

Best regards
Andreas