Ferret starter problems

From: JaxInCalifornia@aol.com
Date: Sun Jun 17 2001 - 11:06:42 PDT

Hi List, would anyone have the answer to this?

1. When starting the Ferret (Mark 2/3), the ignition is turned to the on
position as usual the light is lit (red) above the ignition switch, however
now when the starter switch is depressed but the (yellow) light next to the
red indicator light does not come on and starter does not start. The starter
is dead as if no current is going to the solenoid.

2. For no apparent reason the starter switch comes back to life and works,
but this is followed by a period of a few seconds or a few minutes, by
switching the ignition on an off and depressing the starter switch numerous
times.

The manual says not to open the starter switchboard (panel case where
ignition/starters wires are housed, so how is it checked or repaired? I
don't care if it's waterproofed or not, if I could open it up I might find
the problem... or then again
maybe it's not inside the switchboard. Is there a ground wire that could be
causing this? If so where would it be found?

If this is a switch problem and it certainly appears so, does anyone know
where a
swtichboard might be purchased?

Thank you all in advance for your help, much appreciated!

Jack Lee