Re: [MV] A Problem

From: islander (islander@midmaine.com)
Date: Sun Jun 17 2001 - 20:58:49 PDT

Joe,

>Ps: Or, find a loading dock and drag it off. Or, contact a towing
>company and have them send a roll-back with winch. Then they
>can get it off of the deuce and unload it.

Excellent suggestion. An experienced tow guy with one of these tilt-ramp
rigs with a winch can do all sorts of really creative things. When we
were recovering some Weasels from a patch of woods (man... 30 years
outside really does a number on 'em!) we got one of them up on a flatbed
car hauler using the winch and about 50' extra cable. My towing buddy
then drove out of the woods to where my 1/2 ton pickup and car trailer
were waiting. Backed up to the trailer, dropped the ramp on my trailer
and then lowered the Weasel onto it. Then we went back in with the truck
for the other two :-) Worked out soooooo much better than a come-along
and a trip to the chiropractor!

Steve

P.S. Actually, I liked your backing up brake slamming suggestion better,
but although it gets a 10 on the Creativity Scale, it scores rather low
on the Avoiding Damage scale :-)