Xfer Q

From: Rikk Rogers (rkltd@swbell.net)
Date: Mon Jun 18 2001 - 18:26:00 PDT

Lists,

I just received the Trans/Xfer case from John Bizal at Midwest
http://hosts.in-tch.com/www.midwestmil.com/index.html
Despite the fact that he told me I would probably be better off buying a
rebuilt Trans & Xfer, I forced him to sell me some takeouts he had.
One think about John, he does provide good service, and if he knows you
don't know what your doing, he will try to save you from your self.

Anyway, what he sent me seems to be in better condition than whats in the
M38, the only problem I see is that the output shaft going to the rear axel
leaks.
Is there any way to do a quick fix for this leak?

When I finished cleaning this "new" one up the castellated nut on the back
was finger tight, but this would seen Ok on a splined shaft with a pin in
place.
Should this nut be tighter to keep pressure on a seal?

The plan is to remove and rebuild whats in there now, but I want to be able
to drive it while I take the time to do the rebuild right.

thanks in advance!

Rikk Rogers - RK Lion LTD.
416 S 4th St
Ponca City OK. 74601-5335