Re: [MV] GPW STEERING BOX

From: Gene Pantano (truks@cs.quik.com)
Date: Tue Jun 19 2001 - 19:28:25 PDT

Here is something that might interest some of you.. I have been doing this
for years..the original wire and bushing for the horn..and all the other
crap is just too darn much trouble at times.. It can be left externally
proper...to look original..
But..I modify the steering box with a tube up the center of the steering
shaft.. Then the wire goes straight through..out the bottom and there is
never a "contact" problem with the horn..nor does it ever leak..I just
rebuilt the entire box..including - replaced the "ball" on the arm..and I
use "2" seals at the bottom..No more leak problems.. Anyone want one of
these modified..contact me off list..GPW or MB..
Look at www.cs.quik.com/truks/steerbox1.JPG
www.cs.quik.com/truks/steerbox2.JPG and
www.cs.quik.com/truks/steerbox3.JPG
Enjoy....Gene