NARA / MV Researcher Wanted

From: Carol Kenyon (Da-Kenyons@webtv.net)
Date: Wed Jun 20 2001 - 17:45:49 PDT

I talked to Mr. Mitch Yockelson of NARA
today. I can tell he doesn't really have time for
my needle-in-a-haystack search.
  He brought up the possibility of hiring a researcher at NARA to do my
work. I live
3,000 miles from College Park, MD.
  I decided I'd much rather pay someone on this
list to do my dirty work. I'll pay the going rate
(Mitch is sending me info on this) plus an incentive for actually
uncovering something.
  The incentive is necessary because this info
is pretty dry for anyone except me. However,
you can certainly research YOUR MV while
you're there.
  The records I'm interested in looking at are
the National Guard Bureau Records Group, the
War Assets Administration Records Group, and
perhaps the Militia Bureau Records Group.
  Please contact me off list. I can't really
offer travelling money, but if you live or are going to the D.C. area,
maybe this will be a fit.
  I'm certainly not in any huge hurry, either. This truck of mine has
been a mystery for years.
 Thanks, Don Kenyon