Hidden Vehicle Markings

From: Carol Kenyon (Da-Kenyons@webtv.net)
Date: Thu Jun 21 2001 - 07:20:16 PDT

I have to second what Colin said about not losing the original markings.
  It can add considerable time to your restoration, but if you don't
record these things,
how can you be sure it's authentic?
  I own a "rolling billboard" of a vehicle. I sand
on it a little every night to uncover the original
markings. Not EVERYTHING on EVERY military vehicle is in perfect
stencil or block
letter, either!
  Complicating things on an old vehicle is the great chance of SEVERAL
entities having owned it. The markings are therefore over one
another sometimes!
  But the history!
  Good Luck, Don Kenyon