Re: [MV] Fwd: Re: [MV] WC 12 Reality check

From: islander (islander@midmaine.com)
Date: Thu Jun 21 2001 - 16:43:55 PDT

Hello E-J and list,

E-J, you wrote:

> Also, you can imagine the response
>of the wife, when you inform her that HER car now must sit out in the
>weather (scrape frost, snow, ice, etc), and run through the rain when she
>needs her car, while your "project" sits under cover, taking up what she
>considers to be "her" garage. Can you say divorce?? Alimony?? Lack of
>marital relations??

Well, let's not paint too broad a swath here ;-) I personally have the
opposite problem. I have a host of projects and already am mooching off
a friend to store most of them. While recovering a burnt out M43 last
night a friend's WWII Deuce was used to get it out of the woods. She
looked at that and said "what's that?". "It's a Deuce and a Half". "Oh,
I want one of those!". "But it really isn't practical" *I* said. "But
that isn't the issue. I want one" :-) I was floored. Now we BOTH have
confirmed cases of the dreaded OD Disease!

This is on top of a M38 and a M37 which have been previously suggested
for purchase. Oh, and she is definitely up for owning a Ferret as well.
But of course... who will maintain this huge fleet of OD? One guess :-)
So be careful about what you wish for!

Steve
P.S. Name and address of my wife withheld in order to prevent any
"competition" trying to find a way to her heart :-)
7xWeasels (various stages of parts)
1xM274A4
1xM43 (burnt up)