Re: [MV] Military Vechicle and insurance

From: M35products@aol.com
Date: Thu Jun 21 2001 - 17:47:35 PDT

Greetings:

This current thread re: insurance has reminded me to ask some of the experts
on M series: Was there a government-wide or service-wide policy of welding
little brackets/loops/hasps etc, in the cabs of these vehicles for attaching
a chain and padlock to prevent unauthorized use?

I have seen several methods in the field, although my trucks do not have any
of these modifications.

(I would advise anyone who owns a green beest to carry a short length of
chain which can be wrapped once around the steering column, then once around
the clutch pedal, and pad-locked. Just the presence of this rather feeble
anti-theft device will probably discourage most of the would-be joy-riders
(or worse). )

Just my 100,000 yen. apbloom