Vehicle Security.

From: Jim Wiehe (j.wiehe@sympatico.ca)
Date: Fri Jun 22 2001 - 07:32:47 PDT

One of the best ways of securing your MV is to use a battery kill
switch. I purchased one at the local heavy truck dealer. I installed
it between the negative terminal and the ground bolt of my 151A2.

The control for the switch being inside the tool compartment under
the passenger seat . This can be locked with a padlock.
This is great for when the truck is on display. Kids and adults like
to push , pull all the various knobs and switches especially with the radios.

This way no harm done and everyone has a good time. I would suggest
that you hide your switch because out of sight , out of mind.
In the battery box, under a seat , under the cab , in the engine compartment
are some places that come to mind.

Another thing that this helps stop is the current drain on the batteries that
usually happens with older MV's.

I believe that these switches were even for sale some time ago ( 1->3 years )
in Military Vehicles Mag.

Just my 0.02 cents.
Jim Wiehe , VA3JHW
mail to : j.wiehe@sympatico.ca