WC 12 No Sale

From: Pete & Renee Davis (pandr@cybertours.com)
Date: Sat Jun 23 2001 - 14:23:06 PDT

My heartfelt thanks to all who replied to my request for a reality check
on the WC 12. While I didn't exactly like to hear so many discouraging
this list. The tally was about three to one telling me to pass on the
deal.

Went to look at it again today with a friend who has been working on
cars for years. Aside from the plugged gas tank, lack of bed and shocks,
and a bent wheel rim, we also found a significant hole in the radiator
which would have required professional repair or replacement. Sadly, I
had to tell the seller that the truck was beyond my abilities, even if
it was within my means.

The truck is still available at M&L Auto Salvage, on Route 202 in
Alfred, ME. 207-324-4568. Mel is asking $800. He still believes it's a
1946, rather than 1941. He wants to sell it to someone who will value it
as an historic military vehicle. He refused to sell it another guy who
wanted to use it as a "woods buggy". The cab has a couple of patches but
all of its parts and the engine sounds OK. It might make a good parts
truck.

Still dreaming.

Pete Davis
pandr@cybertours.com