1944 Willys MB for sale: USMC?

From: Dan Bever (goin_myway@yahoo.com)
Date: Sun Jun 24 2001 - 11:26:20 PDT

List,
I have a 1944 Willys MB for sale. You can see some
photos of it at my photo album on Yahoo. Go to
http://photos.yahoo.com/goin_myway
It is fairly complete and supposeably runs but
apparently has some wiring problems. I am having the
guy I bought it from come over this week to see if he
can get it started for me. The engine is civilian I
believe. Someone has done a fair job at repairing the
tub but there is a fair amount of body filler and
fiberglass repair. Some could make it a decent parade
ready vehile. It is painted Marine Corps Green with
USMC markings. I do not know if this was an origianl
USMC jeep or not. There is what appears to be a brass
metal tag attached to the center of the dash with USMC
stamped into it. I will try to get a photo of it and
post it on my album. It has standard wheels no combat.

I am selling it for $3500.00. It has a clear title.
The jeep is located in Darlington, Indiana which on
your map will be about 45 miles to the NW of
Indianapolis or about 8 miles NE of the town of
Crawfordsville. It is currently stored in my Shop. I
have to many other jeep projects right now so need to
lighten the load. My phone number is 765-866-1164. I
am staying with my parents so my Dad or Mom may answer
the phone. My Dad knows a little about the jeep but
not much. My Mom does not know anything about it so
you will just have to leave a message. I prefer to
have you email questions or call instead of me
returning your call. What you see in the photos is
pretty much how complete the jeep is. It would make
someone a nice starter project that could be fully
restored. The jeep came out of Ohio according to the
last owner. The Date of Delivery according to the tag
on the glove box is 6-5-44. Thanks
Dan Bever
MVPA 18507
Indiana MVPA 027