Re: [MV] AVIATION JEEP

From: Gene Pantano (truks@cs.quik.com)
Date: Mon Jun 25 2001 - 08:52:10 PDT

I was looking in my old USS MIDWAY CVA 41 Cruise book from 1958 and found
something you will all want to see..I had forgotten about these little
"jeeps" we used aboard ship. I was in catapults/retraction engines on
MIDWAY..we were in the Taiwan Patrol..Chaing Kai Shek was aboard our ship to
thank the US NAVY for helping him out. I have lots of pictures of him and
our Admiral....we were COM7thFLT. I have the "streamer" from the mast..Look
at www.cs.quik.com/truks/njeep.JPG You will enjoy seeing the "jeep"..Gene