Re: [MV] Puff the snow blower finally touches down at my place

From: Steve (FLYNN1955@webtv.net)
Date: Mon Jun 25 2001 - 22:29:13 PDT

I am sure Gordon probably means in Britain! (''of only two known'') If
those who receive the Supply Line turn to the for sale page, you will
see a 1942 Ford snow blower for sale.I have a memory of just such a
vehicle past Zig Zag closer to Government Camp(Mt.Hood,Oregon).At the
service station,gone now but I am sure a Ford blower was parked there.In
fact as a kid in Mass I loved snow plows and never missed a sighting! I
am sure up on the Mohawk Trail was similar old beast at a similar
service station!
Besides snow plows lasting forever....is another long lived service
vehicle.The Road Tar Truck,every place I have been has had old
trucks,Reo's,Mack's,Whites, and the oldest of all in Britain.Which was a
steam driven lorry(type unknown),this was owned by the County of
Denbighshire
(Clwyd).It chuffed along into the seventies!!I have seen a chain drive
Mack here in Portland,alas these have now finally gone.Now to still have
this fine example in Scotland says much for the appreciation of a
functional machine ,if it ain't broke don't through it away!With a
cracked block after all these years only can imagine someone goofed.It
has now gone to a better place....aye !

Steve
WC51