[MV] adjustment of air governor on M35A2

From: RKubu@aol.com
Date: Tue Jun 26 2001 - 10:24:47 PDT

List,
I think I have to replace the air governor on the fire wall that controls when the compressor kicks on and off. Mine works fine until the air is up. Then, it turns the compressor on for a few seconds and it turns the compressor turns off. Then, on and off... I know the compressor is working. I have spoken to some people who know a lot more about these trucks than me and I have been told that the air governor is probably shot. Before I replace it, I figured I would exhaust all possibilities. I don't think the truck has any unusual air leaks...at least no more than the average M35A2. Can the governor be adjusted so it is not so sensitive?

Bruce

1967 M35A2 w/w
1971 M35A2 w/w
1972 M35A2 w/w