Re: 1 U.S Gallon = 4.5461 litres

From: WreckerFC@aol.com
Date: Wed Jun 27 2001 - 03:20:27 PDT

<<All liters are created equal; all gallons are not.>>

Ditto Tons - UK, 'Imperial' or 'long' Tons are also bigger than US versions.
  Nar nar ne nar nar.

I guess it comes from the colonial days when there was fair trade (not)
between the new world and the old - you know, one gallon for you and I'll kep
a little bit back as a kind of tax thing similarly, one ton for you and so on.
I guess when the Brits kicked out all the prudes, they sent the ones that
couldn't count or measure either!

I think 2000 lbs per ton is easier when doing big truck stuff than 2240 lbs
anyway!!!

Howard

Happy 4th (or happy 'Good riddens day') depending on counting ability!