US Gallon - My Beer is a short measure too! ?

From: aussierob (aussierob@odyssey.net)
Date: Wed Jun 27 2001 - 07:03:41 PDT

First, the On Topic is near the end of these musings....

Funny about this LITER or Litre is it....
as compared to the gallon

Here is a physical picture regarding the gallon.
This was quite mindbending when I first arrived here in the USA

When I first moved from Australia to the USA I was really surprised to see
that the very same drum that we called a 44 gallon drum in Oz... was in
fact in the USA a 55 gallon drum.
Apparently, the same drum held 11 extra gallons.
WIMPY Gallons, of course.

It went further too!
My little Gas saver, Honda - in Australia would get 50 miles per gallon -
great eh !
But in reallity, that same Honda actuallly ran a mere 40 miles in America -
Silly eh ?

BEER TOO !
I would become giddy as a schoolgirl after drinking four glasses of beer in
OZ !!!
Over here in the States, four glasses of beer would barely make me just
giddy enough to run home and chase the Lil' lady aroiund the house. (before
kids)

Here's a MIND BENDER ?.

If you construct a ship that weighs100 thousand tons , when launched, does
it displace 4 million gallons or 5 million gallons ?
Who cares ...you might say, eh ?

Well if you had to displace water (gallons) to float throught the locks of
the Panama Canal or the old Suez Canal, you might care. Especially if you
had to pumpo Imperial gallons ?

If that same ship actually displaces US gallons what does that mean when
the ship docks in Holland... you will need an "extra boy" to put his
finger in the dyke to keep the water out ...right? and that means more pairs
of "waterproof Dutch Glogs" The Glogging industry loves it !

As clogs are traditionally made of wood... then, that means more trees need
to be cut down !
That means, more fuel for logging and chain saws etc.,
Do these meachines eat up a few Imperial gallons or many US Gallons.
This answer depends whether the US still sends Oil to Holland due to the
2nd World War, Fuel Treaty !

And then the French come along and completely screwed with everything by
adding their "Litre" or "Liter" into this mix up !
Damm ! It's not enough for the frogs to give to the world...
the Guilliotine.... eh?
French Doors
French Poodles
French Fries
French Wine
French Cheese ( Brie )
French Bread
French Twist Braid (hair)
Famous French Artists
French letters ( Australia only )
French Maids (alright ! )
French Kisses ( Yeh ! )
French Revolution
and finally, that little bastard unit of measurement the...
French Liter for Liquid.
Chop off their heads that what I say.

And while I'm on a writing rage of stupidity... I recently saw, on TV., a
story by the
"Save the Earth Wackos"
Those people who consume lts of Soy and Tofu .
Those same people who say that "mowing grass adds ten percent pollution to
the atmosphere.
Anyway, theses people all now agree that Dairy cattle... "the common Cow"
farts far too much.!
When you multiply the millions and millions of cows by the amount of fart
gasses (methane)
This GAS is ruining the OZONE Layer ! (they say)

Well, if the cows can take a device thats sucks the milk right out of
them... why not a device that plugs into the cows rear end and would
collect the gas to a holding tank !
No need to Pasturise either ?
Can you imagine two tankers going down the road. While one, reads MILK on
it's side. The other reads Danger Fart Gas No Smoking..
So let's all drink Soy milk

Well this little musing "is" my 2 cents worth on the cost of a gallon of gas
aorund the world

Now for the real on topic question
Did CJ2As all come with a rear seat or was it an option only.
This is in response to another lister who wrote me yesterday and asked about
rear seats?
I, don't know.
Regards,
Aussie Rob.
42MB and a gaggle of CJ2As
Upstate Ny area.

Message copy:from Skip Woods
Hi Rob,
I was wondering with all the spare CJ2A's you have, if you might have a
spare back seat that you are willing to part with. My Dad has 1946 CJ2A that
is missing the back seat. I had one extra but gave it to my brother for his
1948 CJ2A. If you have a spare you are willing to sell or know someone who
has one, could you let me know.
Thanks,
Skip Woods
1954 M37 & some CJ2A's too!