Re: [MV] 4 wheeled trailer for Bren Carrier

From: Colin Stevens (colin@pacdat.net)
Date: Wed Jun 27 2001 - 19:14:05 PDT

An excellent rear view of one of the 7 -1/2 ton 6 (not 4) wheel trailers No.
1 Mk. IV, Light Recovery for moving Universal Carriers etc. in on page 57
of MILITARY VEHICLES OF WORLD WAR 2 by John Church. The photo shows the
trailer ready to load with the ramps in place/ and one can see what appear
to be special chock blocks for a tracked vehicle - to in front of and behind
the tracks.

Although I listed a some 4 wheel Brit/Cdn military trailers in my earlier
posting, I am not aware of any 4 wheel trailers that are for actually moving
the UC around as they were designated for other purposes.

If we had more information such as model and make and size, we might be able
to find out more.

Colin Macgregor Stevens

MVPA Member 954 (since 1977)
Editor: "Maple Leaf Up!" newsletter & Webmaster
of Western Command Military Vehicle Historical Society
(Established 1977)
Pitt Meadows (East of Vancouver but not beyond Hope)
British Columbia, CANADA
Owner of:
1944 Willys MB jeep (ex-Norway)
1942 BSA airborne bicycles (2)