Re: [MV] M35a2 Axle boots

From: Walter Houghton (FlyN3Nvt@worldnet.att.net)
Date: Thu Jun 28 2001 - 09:36:34 PDT

   I have owned my 1972 M35A2 for a few years now. I have accomplished many
repairs on my truck and never had any real problems, until today!!! I
finally got to repair my torn axle boot. It started as a small dry rot hole
at the top, so I figured that it dont look so bad to change. So here I go.
    I 1st started to remove the 3/4 bolts that hold the shield on. Opon
removal of the 1st bottom bolt, I struck oil!! Dumbfounded, I watched it
run out all over my tire, once realizing that its not set up like my M37, I
put the bolt back in. Once I loosened the other 3, removing the top 1st,
quickly pulling the bottom ones with one hand and the shield with the other,
like the quickness of a cat with 10 thumbs.