Re: [MV] 5 Ton door locks

From: Buzz Szarek (buzz@toast.net)
Date: Fri Jun 29 2001 - 06:02:18 PDT

This is not so hard to fix.

If you go to any hardware store and buy a locking garage door handle you'll
find that the square shaft is exactly the same size as the shaft on the door
handle of most M series trucks. You can cut and machine the end so that it
will work properly (just make the shape the same as the handle you removed).
The only problem is they come chromed and no amount of sanding / painting
will keep it green. I keep my eyes out for a black one but they never seem
to have the proper bolt spacing to fit the existing holes in the door.

This way you can lock the passenger door by pressing down on the handle then
close the drivers door and lock it with the key.

Best of luck.
-=-