WC53 Carryall Restoration Entry #84

From: cdavis (cdavis@webworldinc.com)
Date: Fri Jun 29 2001 - 08:29:17 PDT

Ok, the floor is in. Got all the little trim pieces screwed down,
etc. Then I put the upper tail gate on so I could make sure I had good
clearance for the back seat. The actual seat went in next and I marked its
position. Out it came, and holes where drilled for mounting it. I went
under the truck and put hardware on that side to match the holes drilled
from the top, and then put the seat back in. I had to enlarge one of the
holes from the top, but I now had a floor AND a seat.

Fuel tank next. This was a struggle, since it isn't empty and my three
good jerry cans already have fuel in them, so I couldn't drain it
anywhere. I used a floor jack and had it not work out twice, second
attempt nearly ending with part of me stuck under a fuel tank. So I had
almost written it off as a two man job when it occurred to me I had some
ratcheting tie down straps. I hooked two of those up across the rear frame
and tank support "L" channel and used them to sling lift the tank into
place. It still required some heavy lifting and verbal persuasion, but it
was manageable. I got the tank secured and called it a night.

Chris Davis
MVPA #20000
Lake Forest, CA
'42 WC53 Carryall