RE: [MV] Another SUSV owner looking for a "sucker"

From: Joe Garrett (j.garrett@gte.net)
Date: Fri Jun 29 2001 - 18:30:22 PDT

Actually, M35's would be going for between $4000 and $8000 (do these
numbers sound familiar?).

When did we start determining how much buyers should pay based on how much
the seller spent? If these vehicles are worth $40,000 then the seller
should get it. He placed the winning bid at a public auction. He took the
risk of buying a time bomb. If he asks too high a price then he should be
stuck with them. The price he paid for them has no relationship whatever
with what they are worth on the resale market. That is the nature of buying
surplus from the government.

If one hundred of these were sold at $10,000 apiece, the odds are great that
he will never get $40,000 for one.

I am particularly interested in the morality of cheating an unaware farmer
out of something and making a bundle reselling it. I gather that this is
OK, but buying at public auction from the government and reselling isn't?

Joe Garrett
cell 425-344-1402