Re: [MV] MVPA election

From: Thomas M McHugh (tmmchugh@juno.com)
Date: Sat Jun 30 2001 - 04:49:17 PDT

Hi All,

I watched the last long drawn out thread about who & why individuals
could or could not run & internal cliques control.

I was pleased to see that the eligibility & listing rules were changed
from the "Incumbents Only" list to "All Who Qualify" can run. I think
the old complaints have much less a place in this years election. Must
individuals start up again over nothing ?

I MADE IT A POINT TO MEET JIM GILMORE AFTER THE ELECTION WAS OVER. I
FOUND AN INDIVIDUAL THAT WAS KNOWLEDGEABLE, FRIENDLY & LIKABLE, VERY
DEDICATED TO HELPING EVERYBODY & IN NO WAY THE TYPE OF PERSON THAT I
WOULD NOT BE PROUD TO HAVE WORKING ON MY BEHALF. GIVE HIM A CHANCE IF
YOU WISH, & VOTE FOR YOUR CHOICE, IF YOU DON'T.

I AM CERTAIN THAT JIM DOES NOT REMEMBER ME. I WAS JUST AN
OWNER/COLLECTOR THAT MET HIM IN TOBYHANNA & ASKED A MILLION QUESTIONS
THAT TO ME WERE A PROBLEM. TO JIM THEY WERE EASILY EXPLAINED & MOST WERE
SHOWN TO ME FROM HIS PERSONAL LIBRARY.

I ASK ALL MVPA MEMBERS: "PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, DO NOT START WITH THE
OLD BS".

I ASK ALL NON-MVPA MEMBERS: "PLEASE BUTT OUT OR JOIN & VOTE".

VOTE FOR THE PERSONS YOU WANT & LETS HAVE THE MVPA GROW.

IF HE WINS, GREAT ! IF HE LOSES, THERE IS ALWAYS NEXT TIME.
WHOMEVER WINS WILL HAVE MY SUPPORT & THAT OF THE COLLECTORS THAT CARE
ABOUT OUR HOBBY.

NOW I HOPE THIS THREAD DIES QUICKLY.

Tom McHugh, NJ
52 M38A1