Just For Fun -- Ficticious CUCV Model Number for Suburban...Opinions?

From: Jim Newton (jnewton@laurel.com)
Date: Sat Jun 30 2001 - 10:30:54 PDT

Hello List...

As many of you know, I am completing my military Suburban CUCV project
which uses all possible authentic CUCV parts from M1009s and M1008s.
I am trying my best to build it just as if the Suburban had been an
issue vehicle in the 80s. My goal is to make this unit so authentic
that it will cause other MVers say "Wow, I didn't know that there were
CUCV Suburbans!".

We all know that Suburbans were not used as CUCVs until the CUCV II
and III series, but when I decided on a CUCV, I needed more room than
an M1009 could offer and more enclosed space than an M1008 could
offer. That's why I built up my own on a Suburban platform.

Anyway, just for fun, I'm wondering what the model number you all
think WOULD have been designated to the CUCV Suburban if it had been
used by the Armed Forces in the 1980s.

Here is a list of existing CUCV models:

  M1008
  Truck, Cargo, Tactical (Pick Up)

  M1008A1
  Truck, Cargo, Tactical (Pick Up)

  M1009 Blazer
  Truck, Cargo, Tactical (Blazer)

  M1010
  Truck, Ambulance, Tactical (Ambulance)

  M1028
  Truck, Shelter Carrier, Tactical (Shelter)

  M1028A1
  Truck, Shelter Carrier w/ PTO, Tactical (Shelter)

  M1031
  Truck, Chassis, Tactical (Chassis with No Bed)

So let me know what model number you think the CUCV Suburban would
have been given if issued.

Thanks!

--

Jim "Ike" Newton

o 1984 Military CUCV Suburban 6.2L Turbo Diesel Engine 3/4 Ton Cargo Capacity, 4WD

o M35A2 Military Troop/Cargo Truck "Deuce and a Half" 465ci Turbo Diesel Multi-Fuel Engine Air Shift Front Axle, Deep Water Fording Option 2 1/2 Ton Cargo Capacity, 6WD

See them at: http://www.CUCV.net