'39 Panel / 115th QM / 223d INF

From: Carol Kenyon (Da-Kenyons@webtv.net)
Date: Mon Jul 02 2001 - 07:46:22 PDT

Still sanding on hood...
  Found insignia (finally!) for 223d INF It's a seven with a crown
(shows that this unit came from the 7th CAL and was based in Pasadena
"The Crown City").
  I noticed several messages concerning hood
numbers.
  I think my vehicle should have a six-digit W
number. Am I right? I found USA, so now I'm
pretty sure of what area to concentrate in.
  The only numbers I'm sure of so far are ...524.... .
  The '39 Missouri N.G. Yearbook I bought
shows their latest vehicles with a six-digit
W-number under a spread-out "USA".
  Again, it's not so crazy to buy other state's
National Guard yearbooks when people on this
list have reported sightings of ex-military trucks
like mine in Arkansas and New Mexico!
  If I waited for just California (or even N.M. and
ARK) I'd be waiting a long time.
  Mr. Bill Davies, Librarian at the California Military Museum suggests
that HQ and HQ Services Company of the 223d INF would have owned my poor
old panel...
  Thanks Don Kenyon