Re: [MV] Wartime Cartoons

From: Jim Newton (jnewton@laurel.com)
Date: Mon Jul 02 2001 - 10:46:27 PDT

Hi List...

>I tuned in and caught the last half of the show. The hollywood types
>who put on the show were falling all over themselves apologising for the
>"stereotyping" of our then enemies; explaining how "Japanese were not
>really like the characters shown in the cartoons" etc. But, no such
>apologies were made for the German cartoon characters... Ah, the
>liberal mindset. How refreshing and cultured.

I noticed one piece of blatant censoring on the part of Cartoon
Network, and I'm wondering if anyone can explain it.

In the takeoff cartoon of the 3 little pigs, there is a scene showing
the 3rd pig's front door. To our left of the door there was a sign
that said "No Dogs Allowed" and you could see that the word "Dogs" was
crossed out by one of the pigs, and something was written above that
word as a gag in the cartoon. However, in the version they showed
last night, there was fuzzy tan color obscuring whatever the gag word
was. Does anyone know what that originally said? It must have been
really bad, because they spoke the words "jap" and "kraut" without
censoring.

Thanks!

Give In to the New World Odor!

--

Jim "Ike" Newton

o 1984 Military CUCV Suburban 6.2L Turbo Diesel Engine 3/4 Ton Cargo Capacity, 4WD

o M35A2 Military Troop/Cargo Truck "Deuce and a Half" 465ci Turbo Diesel Multi-Fuel Engine Air Shift Front Axle, Deep Water Fording Option 2 1/2 Ton Cargo Capacity, 6WD

See them at: http://www.CUCV.net