Re: [MV] Braden MU-2 and M37 tranny question

From: Cougarjack@aol.com
Date: Mon Jul 02 2001 - 22:12:25 PDT

Matt,
The MU-2 in most of its configurations was intended for the civlian Dodge Power Wagon, the WC trucks that had winches, and some wrecker kits. While it is not proper on an M37, it will fit with some coaxing, and one such conversion sold on ebay a week or two ago. (it was touted as 100% correct in every way"!)
The proper winch for the M37 is the LU-4 aluminum braden.
If your power wagon has the NP 420 transmission, and your donor M37 also has it, (there were at least two different boxes in the M37 over the span of production) then I think it would fit. If it's the earlier Dodge transmission, I believe the top cover is different enough to preclude this swap.
Jack