M35 spreader bars

From: DDoyle9570@aol.com
Date: Tue Jul 03 2001 - 04:59:10 PDT

I recently picked up a kit (supposedly complete) that contains the spreader
bars to pick up the rear end of a deuce. The kit also contains two flanges,
that APPEAR to go between the spreader bars and the bed. Unfortunately, the
kit has no instructions, and I've only seen one deuce with these installed,
and didn't pay attention then.
Based on the color of paint, and info provided by a knowledgeable friend, it
seems these are a Marine Corps (primarily) item.
Does anyone on the list know how these mount? I suspect this information is
in the Transportability Guide for the deuce, but I can't find my copy now
(too many manuals, not enough organization!).

Thanks,
David Doyle