M37 nut size question

From: John Doyle (jdoyle@writeme.com)
Date: Tue Jul 03 2001 - 16:55:39 PDT

Hello,

I am in the middle of replacing the left rear hub
on my '51 M37. I have the wheel and brake drum
off. I am now faced with 2 large "nuts" that
are tensioning the bearings.

I was told that the nuts use a KDS 2438 socket
to remove them. Because I can't get my hands on
one of those right now (NAPA is closed) and I have
experienced help to work on this project tomorrow,
I'm trying to figure out what size the nuts are.

I have a 2 3/8" and a 2 1/2" socket. I think they are
larger than that, but that's the largest I could find at
Sears, Advance Auto or Auto Zone.

Any ideas, please let me know!

Thanks,
John