More W#s Questions

From: Carol Kenyon (Da-Kenyons@webtv.net)
Date: Wed Jul 04 2001 - 10:32:21 PDT

Listers, once a military vehicle is assigned a
"W-number" does that number remain valid throughout its military life?
  Example: my poor old panel. DOD probably
Spring '39, left California National Guard mid 50's?
  Gordon says that "W" was dropped after 1942.
  Since my vehicle was originally a correct N.G.
"UPS Truck Brown", when it was repainted a more ordinary OD, did just
the "W" get dropped or was a completely new number assigned?
  This is probably the most important question
(to me) that I have on this subject.
  Am I looking for TWO numbers or just the
original number WITH a W and WITHOUT?
  Help!
Don Kenyon