Meet me on the green??

From: Cougarjack@aol.com
Date: Wed Jul 04 2001 - 18:03:23 PDT

In a message dated Wed, 4 Jul 2001 7:01:30 PM Eastern Daylight Time, "lou" <lou@frontier.net> writes:

blah blah clipped cute story about little retarded english girl

> "We hold these truths to be self evident, that all men >are created equal,
clip rest of Declaration of Independence....
>are fine inspiring words but few, including the writer, >believed them then.
>And too few, in this country today, seem to live as >though they believe them now.

Jack responds:
I tend to believe them. Wanna meet me on the green? Bring your big musket, and a few friends to help carry bodies. Well, even if we can't do this today, (no permit for public gathering, disturbing the peace, open display of weapons, discharging firearms within city limits, terror of the public, terroristic threats, tresspassing, impersonating a soldier, possession of more than five pounds of black powder, possession of assault rifles with bayonet lugs, contempt of court, ad nauseam....) they sure as hell did it back then, so someone must have taken those words to heart. Are we so far gone from our founding documents that we think they are ridiculous now? I hope another revolution is not necessary, because it's illegal these days!
Jefferson, addressing the body of prospective signors of above document, responding to charges that the inflammatory language he penned in would just offend the British: "Well, this is a revolution, we have to offend someone!"
Jack on Jeff