CCKW manifold rings, pillow block

From: tonygull (tonygull@ozemail.com.au)
Date: Thu Jul 05 2001 - 01:40:06 PDT

Hi and thanks for the replies

Manifold rings are back in and goes well,
A road test today was good, one of the rings had been
squashed, causing an air leak. I took them out, but
after consulting the list, they had to go back in.
A fiddly job, I filed the crushed one up a bit.

I used orange silcone and cut new gaskets.
only used a bastard file on the manifold,
did not get them machined.

My pillow block has grease fittings.
In the manual it describes Gear Oil
as being the correct lubricant.

Should I just fill it up with HP grease?

Bye the way, starts first time now, very impressive
for the visitors.

I enquired about electric fuel pumps.
I can get a Low pressure electric from a Jap car
for $30 and add a fuel pressure regulator for $63

                                Tony