Outer axle seal for M35A2 wanted, and found

From: ygmir (ygmir@onemain.com)
Date: Thu Jul 05 2001 - 19:49:01 PDT

Hi all,
Well, thanks to Bill George, and a wonderful parts man locally, I found 2
outer axel seals and got my M35 done in time for the parade. Unfortunately,
they were 42 bucks each, and very hard to find from civilian sources.
Does any one know of any to be had, reasonably priced?
they are a funny looking dog with the seal vulcanized to a washer with a dog
ear to go into the axel grove to keep it from spinning. I'm guessing the
washer part acts as a thrust washer or something. The axel nut tightens
against it to hold the bearing in place, followed by locking washer, lock
nut, etc. It is a single lip arrangement.
We got a civilian part number that was supposed to interchange, but that
corresponded to a double lip, standard type seal. does any one know if this
might be an upgrade, or just the wrong number? I now have, though, the part
number for the ones I bought.
thanks all, for the help,
Henry
MVPA 22136