Re: [MV] Re-importation of US MV's-BATF response

From: Mel Miller (nourmahal@worldnet.att.net)
Date: Fri Jul 06 2001 - 14:00:43 PDT

"Dean L. Kellogg, Jr" wrote:

> I have been unable to get a clear answer to the question of
> whether the ATF would consider issuing an F6 to a PRIVATE CITIZEN even if
> the citizen had the State Dept approval.

It sounds as if one stumbling block is at the State Department. With the
current Secretary of State being whom he is, it would seem that we, as a
hobby, would have a fair chance of some consideration if the leadership
of the MVPA would formulate a blanket revision to existing policy
allowing into the US all those vehicles ' X ' years old which have been
duely surplussed and sold by the foreign country etc, etc, etc.

Gen. Powell would well understand that sixty year old half tracks and
jeeps pose no threat to the current automakers of America (they can
screw up quite well on their oun.

Just a thought....

Mel Miller
2 X M725